X-Failure

First, can I just say group hug to all of you? {{Hug}} You guys are great! I was so impressed with all your comments on the last post. You all are so smart! Now, moving on...
Can I tell you how disappointed in the X-files movie I am?!? What a stinker that turned out to be:P I'm just going to spill it, and as usual, all spoilers will be typed in white so if you wanna know, highlight...I am not a rabid X-files fan like I am with LOST (a LOST movie...can you imagine???) but I love me some Fox and I watched the show so I'm in!
Where were the aliens, or the werewolves, or vampires?!? Just give me something to work with here! Isn't it all about "I Want to Believe"? I mean as Poison would say..."Give me somethin' to believe in"! (sad that I just quoted Poison?) No paranormal here...Just a group of Russian doctors hacking body parts up and sewing them on each other...yeah, and?!?
Horatio would have had this figured out in...oh, an hour! I know they tried to make the whole Father Whathisname all ooohh, is he a psychic, isn't he a psychic? Really it was more like ooohhh, who cares?
Scully looked like a million bucks, and I like her. Has she done anything since X-files? Well, she looked great, but wow she had nothing to work with. I don't know why they bogged us down with the sick boy she was treating? It really didn't go with the story line, and they leave us hanging with that. It didn't work with the story at all. Again, I get the whole Father Whathisname angle they were going for...but it misses the mark completely.
I just have to ask one question to anyone unfortunate enough to see the movie...Why were they sewing ugly Russian guy's head on young girl's body? I mean, I assume the Russian boyfriend guy was gay, right? So, why a chick body? I didn't get it.
Blech, the movie is a huge pass.

Oh, check out my giveaway here, and here...

10 comments

  1. Wow! That bad? I guess I will save myself the $10 + $15 for popcorn and a coke/pop/soda. :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's a good thing I don't want to watch that movie huh. LOL. At least I know not to bother renting it when it finally comes to DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to this movie, but heard from a few people how bad it was. Thanks for the spoilers since I don't plan on seeing it. I'll stick to the reruns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't really planned to watch it, but wow, that is bad! And you are right, Horatio would have figured it out much quicker. He is smart like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you believe that I have never even watched one episode of X Files? Nope. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The great AFF, Holly sent me your way. I hate to bother you, but she suggested I ask you about putting ads up on my Typepad blog. I have no idea how. Could you email me please? I'd appreciate it!

    mcknicole at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review. My husband was a huge fan. I'll make sure we don't waste our money on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wasn't into the show too much. It required a devoted following from week to week, and that was before I had DVR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I liked it okay, but I AM that rabid X-files fan that you referred to, so I kind of HAD to like it. As my husband said, it was more like a two hour long episode instead of a movie. I agree the storyline w/the boy bogged it down some. Gillian Anderson has been living in London (where she grew up) and doing theater and small films since The X-Files. She had a small role in "The Last King of Scotland".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw it over weekend. Hubby and I were big fans of the TV. The movie completely missed the mark.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top